Monday, August 25, 2008

A Prisoner's Diary - Part 2

Looking back at the three months spent here..
Losses:
1. Family & Friends (very important). Haven't spoken to a lot of them even once during the last three months. Not having too many friends here does make matters worse. I miss the camaraderie of being a part of a closely knit group. I have been used to it both in college and work :(
2. Good food: I never ever imagined that I would miss the food I used to cook !!! But I do. The food we get is remotely fit for human consumption. And Bombay has given me the taste for good food... I have immensely enjoyed eating out there.
3. Time for reading good stuff: I read all the day. But enjoy a mere 5% of it (optimistic estimate). All those nights spent reading some real good books, where I used to wonder if the dawn swallowed some hours of the night. Those classics and thrillers, M&Bs and fantasy seem a distant dream these days.
4.Time for myself: Time for walks, taking leisurely baths, praying quietly in a temple, sitting idly in the beach, listening to a distant bird or simply lying down staring at the roof..
5. Sense of doing something: As long as I dont know why I am here, there is not a lot of sense cribbing about this. I used to enjoy my work at TCS. I used to feel that I am doing something which is of direct use to someone and indirect use to me. I might not have admitted this before but the only thing which had dissatisfied me there was the absence of a clear growth path for people (Please God, let me not sound like someone who has read a lot of HR :D). My only hope hanging loosely is that my close friend and my cousin find the finance subjects very interesting and there is no reason why I would not soon.
6.Weight: A quite a lot of it. Dont ask me how much!

Gains:
Enough of cribbing. Now to the gains.
1. Stamina: I have developed an amazing stamina these days. I work for the whole day and still have the energy to lie down with a novel before sleeping however late it be.
2. Assignments: Not a gain in the conventional sense, but a gain nevertheless :) :) !
3. I am thinking hard.... hmmm...hmm..Laptop probably?! Can't think of anything else to fill in here. Hopefully, the days to come might provide me with something.

2 comments:

Ruchika said...

give some more time dear I hope ur gains will increase..but for the loses...true these are missed :(

grass is always greener the other sied lolz..

Vineet Rajan said...

thats what MBA is all about. :) a lot of work and no exercise! be careful! so where are you doing ur MBA from?
hope i got the MBA bit right.