Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bogged by Boredom

I have been questioned a lot about what my orkut title means:

'CONSUMED BY ENNUI'

Consumed is defined as 'To destroy totally; Ravage' by dictionary.com
Ennui is defined as ''Listlessness and dissatisfaction resulting from excessive boredom' by the same source.

Listless is the word to describe me right now! Bull's eye !!!

Saw Taare Zameen par today and as is the general case with me, wondered if I have some kind of disorder which prevents me from proper planning and execution of things.
I mean, if planning can be so tough for somebody, need the execution be brought into the picture?

Clueless about what I am doing ! Got a call for SCMHRD and the inteview is on 31st Jan. Normally, I spend 2 hours with the newspaper everyday, reading all the editorials, letters to the editor, sports column, business updates.. You name it and I read it.But from the day the call came, I have been running away from the newspaper.. Have not read a single page completely !!

To top it, I have not attended 4/7 lectures TIME has planned for the SCMHRD call getters!What the heck is going on with me? Weird is the word to describe me..

And then work! God ! I groan at the very mention of the word.. When I thought it could not get any more monotonous, it proved me wrong and has pushed me into an unimaginable rut. I postpone going to the office till 1 pm everyday.Without having anything to do at home either.. The false sense of importance the organisation tries to induct makes me weary. The novelty and the sense of security you feel once you realise that you are learning, wears off once you realise that the path from there is obscure..

If any of these sound to you as the ravings of a depressed soul, visit some of my earlier posts !! You would know how I sound when I m actually depressed. This is some crazy mood. I want to be alone the whole day..n probably not do anything at all.
Without anyone to disturb me . In fact,there are very few people from whom I have been taking calls too.. Small talk with people is tiring me. Just in touch with some real close people from around a month. Not trying to undermine anyone's importance in my life. It s just that I don't want to upset anyone with my absolute lack of interest in the conversation.

The only two songs I enjoy these days are:
1. Tere bina from Guru
2. Lemontree from Fool's Garden

Do they give you some kind of insight? (After all,Bush's collection in his ipod led to all kind of pyscho analysis on what kind of a person he was! :P )

Watching NDTV Indians of the Year on NDTV side by side. Wonder how people like Rahman and Viswanathan Anand have managed to do the same thing for so many years with so much of perfection, improvisation and passion!! Or do they have personal pyschiatrists :P??

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruchika said...

I totally agree wid you...this boredum can really make you dumb:)..same monotonus work..seriously wonder wat do the actors see to get them entertained as we do watching movies or tv shows...:)

Vineet Rajan said...

lol! theres a lot u have written about yet the boredom? :) taare was a good movie, for a change the lead actor played second fiddle. i hope ur SCMHRD call gets converted. I remember by admission days. thankfully, i will be passing out from SIBM this year. :) great blogging, and keep blogging even during an MBA. its easier than most people think it is!

vinni
vinni.co.in

Shayon said...

Hi,

IndiBlogger & Microsoft are joining hands to organize a Bloggers' Meet in Kolkata around the 2nd and 3rd week of March. You are kindly requested to let us know if that would be possible on your part.

For more information, kindly contact the undersigned.

Phone: +919939370506
Email: shayon.pal@gmail.com
Web: http://www.shayonslabyrinth.com/

Regards,
Shayon.