Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Friendship !! So banal a topic!


The past weekend was a kick-ass one. A splendid weekend of roaming, freaking and endless langour.. I wish India revives many of its lesser celebrated festivals and gives it corporates a thing or two to cheer about (and what better than a holiday?
If someone gives me a choice of payrise or more extended weekends,you know what I would choose :P)

The glowing sense of having nothing to do (or rather nothing mission critical)boosts my neurons like nothing else does !! I felt 10 years back in time with the energy levels of a 5 year old. Game for anything you throw at me !! Sounds hardly like the grumbler I am :) !!

I shopped, chattered, watched movies, went to temples (!),had a hair cut (bad it may be),took long strolls on clean beaches,went on a ferry, cleaned, dined out(like a connoisuer :P), slept to my heart's content and presto !The weekend was still on !!!! Come Wednesday,and I am rejuvenated.

Only when I have this feeling of having 'nothing-to-do', do I do so many things!
Pressure puts me off !! In a flash.

Not to mention the great company I had over this weekend !! A 6 year bond is always special.Add to it a fresh one and there vanishes boredom !!My ode for all such people who make my life what it is today:

For a dreamer of my sorts..
Its so easy to get lost.
Hence I hold onto you
And you put up with me for zero cost!!

For bad days you are my balm
On sad days, you kill my qualms.
A good word from you
And you know you made my day!

You know you are invaluable
For
The spontaneous smiles
The timed lines
The peeps into my privacy
The comments on my idiosyncrasies
The crutches for my confidence.
The lavish praises I don't deserve ;)
And some honest comments I do preserve!

You paint my life in a hundred colours
And I love every hue and shade you try.
A million thanks for all you guys.
Take it now, I might not tell this again!

1 comment:

sur said...

Hey Sudha!!Finally got the treat to go through your reflections(Thanks to Pre!). Really loved your writing style, its very refreshing yet very mature,gives an idea of the firm belief that lies behind every thought.